Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MY RED HAT SOCIETY FRIENDS
















Yesterday was our meeting of Red Hat. I have not been able to attend very much so I was excited to get to go yesterday. When I joined I thought I was going to be retiring from work, but decided I wasn't ready, but I try to attend whenever possible.
We met at Claunches' restaurants at Spring Park. There were about fifteen of us in all. Apparently another group had merged with our group. I don't know some of the ladies, but I'm sure I will get to know them over a period of time.
The pictures of the group was us leaving the restaurant. Everyone had not made it out to the parking lot at time. I had removed my hat and red hat cape because when I got ready to pay they told me that they didn't take debit or credit cards. Luckily John had come with me and brought the kids to play at the water pad. I had to run all the way across the park to find John to get money to pay for my meal. I took off the big jewelry, hat and cape because I didn't want people to think that I was a hooker,( You know how we get all fancied up for the meetings).
I enjoy the get togethers because it gives me a chance to socialize with other ladies my age. Our queen mother is a girl that I went to high school with. She was a cheerleader and always very popular and always dressed to the T. It never fails to amaze me when I see her coming into these public places with some of the gaudiest outfits you have ever in your life seen.
Red Hats is a great way to stay active with you friends and meet new friends. So if you are in you late fifties and above, check out a Red Hat group in you area. You will be glad you did and so will they.

No comments: