Tuesday, June 2, 2009

LEARNING TO DRIVE AND OTHER AMAZING SIGHTS











































John Pearson and Emily are staying with us during the day this summer while their mom and dad are working. Besides the fussing and fighting that goes on most of the day, we try to do things with them to make them less bored and hopefully learn something while they are here.

Yesterday we were trying to get the trailer loaded up so we could make a trip to the sale barn today. John let John Pearson attach the trailer to the Blazer. These are things that John thinks all boys should know how to do and I'm sure Johnny thinks JP is too young yet. After he got the trailer hitched up I told John to let him drive the car through the field next to us. He could hardly reach the gas peddle so I guess he needs to grow a little more before he gets too excited about driving.

We got up at 4:30 this morning and headed back down to the sale barn with a load of stuff, mostly junk. We were there about four hours and sold about $175.00 worth of pure treasures. It must have been 90 degrees today, so we wrapped it up pretty quick and came home to the nice air-conditioned house and we all just collapsed on the beds and couch for about two hours. We had to have the kids at the dentist a 2:00 pm for their six month dental appointment. This has been a day for running back and forth to town.

I did get this really neat picture of the man carrying a chicken while I was at the sale. Lots of people walked by with dogs and kids, carrying everything from water mellons to turnip greens, axes to wooden stakes, but he was the only one I saw carrying a big ol' rooster. I ask him if I could take his picture and he said OK. I hope he doesn't find it posted on my blog, but I thought it was a great picture.

Emily got a bike at the sale, so she will have something to keep her entertained for maybe five minutes. I don't remember our kids having to be constantly entertained. When they got up in the morning I fed them breakfast and sent them out to play and told them I would see them at lunch. After lunch I would send them back out to play and that I would see them at supper, but if I had to ring the bell for them they had better get their butts home in a hurry. This always seemed to work fine and our kids spent most of the time out playing. Oh well times change.

I also got this picture of JP with the idiot tan. He and Johnny went canoeing on Memorial Day and then again this past Sunday. When he pulled his pants legs up to show me his tan, I just had to get a picture. Now how in the world is he every going to get that evened out?

Here is Emily's almost new bike. And if you have read any of the rest of my blogs, I said that I had planted two tomato plants and a pepper plant, well I now have a tomato the size of a marble and two bell peppers the size of an English pea. My farming skills are improving.











































2 comments:

A Journey of Memories said...

Good Gravy! Look at those legs...LOL. :) I am white but I am white all over...no idiot tan here. :)

timeinabottle said...

You should have seen them in real life. They were actually more dark and light. I about died laughing when he said " Let me show you my tan".