Monday, August 31, 2009

WE WERE OUT AT THE BALL GAME

Man this has been the most hectic week ever. It has been back to work for me and trying to get into a routine. I must be the only person in the world that can forget everything I ever knew in two and a half months. Sometimes I think I would be better off to work year round, but when the summer comes and I have the opportunity to have the summer off, I just can't resist. Anyway. we are trying to incorporate a new system at work for ordering, inventory and all the bookkeeping stuff. I know after we figure it all out it will probably be easier than what we have been doing, but I hate change. I like the idea of learning something and not having to then learn it another way. Oh well, we will see how it goes.

I took off work at twelve today because John and I had to take a trailer load of things to the antique booth. Then we had to hurry home so we could take Emily to her softball practice. When Tracy got to the practice we left and headed up to the high school for John Pearson's football game. He is playing on the junior varsity team. He is one of the smaller players at about 110 pounds. I was really proud of him tonight. He played the whole game except about two plays. He got to play on the kick off team, offence and defence. Now I know absolutely nothing about football, so I just try to keep my eye on which ever grandchild is playing and tonight it was JP. He played on the line and the boy from LCHS who he was up against was huge. I swear he must have weighed 275 lbs.. So JP's only option was to take him out at the knees. He did a great job and the other team actually double teamed him a couple of times.

It was fun to watch him, but my heart was in my throat most of the game. I was afraid he was going to get hurt. I told him after the game that I didn't ever want to hear him whining about Emily hitting him again. He has so many bruises right now that he looks like he has been in a train wreck.

I want to get up to Memphis to see Andrew play. This is his first year to play football and I hear that he is doing really well. With all the grandsons I have I may be going to the football field when I am a hundred. That is not even mentioning the grand daughters who I am sure are going to be great softball players.

I forgot to take my camera with me, so I will have to post pictures from another game.

No comments: