Monday, August 17, 2009

A LITTLE CATCHING UP

It is about 7:30 on Monday morning and David is watching TV, Sondra and Daniel are resting and John is still asleep.  I have a load of clothes in the washer and one in the dryer, one folded on the couch and then there are the two loads on the laundry room floor waiting to be put into the washer.  I had forgotten how much laundry you have to do when you have so many people in one house.  Brought back lots of memories of never ending laundry chores:)

We are starting to wind down our last week here in CO. so I thought I would take a minute to remember some of the highlights.  As I said in a earlier post we left on  the 1st of Aug. leaving out of Muscle Shoals Al..  Just as we were leaving there was a torrential  rain storm.  This made for a 30 minute delay in our flight.  We got into Atlanta and were way literally  2 minutes late.  They had already pulled the walkway from the plane and wouldn't allow us to get on the plane even though it sat there for 15 minutes before taxing away.  The lady at the desk told us we would have to make other arrangements.  John got on the customer service phone and explained that we had missed our flight to Colorado Springs.  She told him that it would be Monday before we could get another flight.  He explained that our daughter was expecting a baby any minute and needed to get there sooner.   She looked for a while and then said that she could get us on a flight to LA..  Now here we are in Atlanta and we are trying to get to Colorado but we are going to have to fly all the way across the US.  Hummmm.   Then she says wait a minute, I can get you into Phoenix AZ.  OK.  Then to Salt Lake City Utah.  OK.  Then to Denver. OK  

After spending the biggest part of the night trying to sleep on a row of airport chairs, in Phoenix AZ, looking like a couple of winos on a park bench, we left for Salt Lake City  at 6:00 AM.  Flying over Salt Lake City I saw some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever scene in my life.  This is a place on my To Visit List.  We had just enough time to reach our flight to Denver.  Then we had to rent a car to drive to Colorado Springs.  We were finally on the ground and heading to Sondra's. We made it in around 2:00 PM.  So after twenty four hours we had arrived. 

All in all the trip was not bad.  We got upgraded to first class most of the way.  It is amazing how much a bigger seat can make a trip more relaxing.

We have taken a trip out to Cheyenne Mountain park.  We saw deer and prairie dogs. Luckily no snakes, bear or mountain lions.  We took the train ride out at Royal Gorge.  It was beautiful and the kids loved it.  I forgot my camera and left it in the car, but John and Jonathan had taken the trip with David a few days before so I have the pictures they had taken.

I want to take a drive out to the Garden of the Gods again before we leave and possibly take the train up Pike's Peak.  I am a little leery of the altitude and how it will affect John with his asthma and me with my fear of height.  Oh well we are 65 years old the worst it can do is kill us.

I probably will not post again until we get back to AL.  on Friday.  Then there will be lots of pictures I promise. 

A wonderful exciting trip.  Baby number 9 is here and we will be counting down until Feb. when number 10 will be arriving.   

  

No comments: