Tuesday, August 25, 2009

COLORADO IS BEAUTIFUL
















Now while I am perfectly happy with our little acre of land here in the north west corner of Alabama, I still get a little wistful when we travel to other parts of the US and see that God sprinkled a little beauty all over the place. I always think to myself, "Now I think I could be happy living here".
While we were in Colorado we took a few side trips. We took the train ride into the Royal Gorge. The scenery was just breathtaking. The water was so clear. It made me want to take the rafting trip. The people that we past going down the rapids looked like they were having a great experience. Maybe another trip, at a later date, we may try it.
We took the ride through the Garden of the Gods. It is like stepping out on another planet. All the red rocks that just seem to pop up from nowhere, they really fascinate me. We took a walk through some of the trails that just seem to go on forever. It would have taken us much more time than we had that day to began to see all the sights.
We also took the cog railroad up to Pike's Peak. I was a little uncomfortable about going because I have a fear of heights and was afraid I would get about half way up and have a panic attack. It was a silly fear. We loved the ride up and the sights were just amazing. I was so engrossed in looking at all the beauty around me that we were at the top before I thought about being nervous. The air is very thin at the top and I could not have done a lot of exercise there, but it was completely different than what I had worried about.
Colorado is one of the most beautiful places we have visited, but I still have to say "My home's in Alabama".

No comments: