Thursday, March 5, 2009

HOW EMBARASSING IS THAT?

One day Sandra and I decided that we would meet at her house and fire up the big black pot and make homemade chicken stew. John and I arrived at 7:30 to find that Sandra wasn't home. I guess she had gone to the store to pick up something we had forgotton for the stew.

We sat in the car waiting for about 15 minutes when nature called in a very loud voice. I got out of the car went to every door in her house and even a couple of windows, but everything was locked up tight as a drum.
I came back and told John that I had to find a restroom, so off we went as fast as the speed limit would let us go. We finally stopped at Shoney's and I made a bee line for the restroom. I lined the toilet and sat down, "major relief". After a few minutes I wash my hands, gave my hair a comb through with my fingers, checked to see if my lipstick was still on and walked back to the car.

We went back to Sandra's and by this time she was home. We go in and start getting our things ready when she says " Pat do you have a bad cold" and I tell her, "No. Why"? and she says " Well what are you doing with that toilet paper hanging out of you pants. Oh my goodness. I reached into the back waistband and hanging there was a string of toilet paper about 2 feet long. Evidently when I pulled my jeans up the paper had caught. I walked through Shoney's, out the door and past the whole front of the building with this toilet paper hanging like a giant long white tail.

Needless to say, it was quite a while before I returned to Shoney's.

With that said, and I can't believe I just put that into my blog, I will give you the recipe for:

HOMEMADE CHICKEN STEW

3 lbs chicken ( dark and light meat)
4 lbs potatoes ( red are the best)
1 large onion
1 large can of tomato juice
1 can cream style corn
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil chicken until tender. Pull chicken from bone and save broth. Add potatoes, onion, tomato juice, salt, pepper and pulled chicken to broth. Cook until potatoes and onions are done. If you stir it often the potatoes will break up and the stew will start to get thick. Add the cream style corn the last 15 minutes. The corn helps the stew to thicken more.

Serve with crackers or white bread and cheddar cheese. I always add about teaspoon of dill pickle juice to bowl. Yummy!

No comments: