Saturday, February 19, 2011

NOT MUCH HAPPENING IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS

It is always nice to have a three day weekend. So today is Saturday and I'm right in the middle and it makes me feel like I still have time to accomplish a lot of stuff. Yet here I sit on the computer wasting valuable time.

First of all I need to be getting a little cleaning done around the house since we are having company in on Friday of next week. Seems there is no energy or time left when I get in from work. So it needs to be done now. Last month we got together with these friends and had dinner and played a game called Mexican Train. So we decided to make it a monthly get together.

I am planning on having a real simple dinner, Loaded Potato Soup, Strawberry Blue Cheese Salad and Tiramisu. I figured this would be and easy meal that I could whip together after work on Friday. I will probably make the Tiramisu on Thursday so all the flavors will be blended by Friday.

I need to check out some other games. I love to play Scrabble, but I swear the older I get the less competent I feel about my spelling skills and there are just so many four letter words in the English language. I also thought about Trivia Pursuit but feel that takes a lot of concentration on my part. If you have any suggestions give them to me.

There is not much going on around here lately so I haven't posted anything in several days. Everything is really slow at work. It getting the time of year that the students start running out money and are saving what they do have for spring break, which will the the last week in April. Our GM is asking for schedule cuts, so that makes things a little tense at work. Trying to look busy, stay busy and accomplish as much as possible in fewer hours. Oh well that business.

John got his results back from the MIR. Every thing came back normal. Apparently no blockage, but he does have some hypertension. The doctor has put him on a blood pressure medicine and it is already lowering his readings. Still a little high on the bottom. He still has a little dizziness in the mornings. I tell him after all, he is 66 years old, what do you expect. For a man that has always had blood pressure like a kid, this is devastating to him. He thinks having to take this little pill is the worse thing ever.

I guess I will get in the kitchen and make some breakfast. I don't know what the day holds but maybe something exciting and interesting that I can post in the days to come. Hope everyone is healthy, happy and enjoying life.

1 comment:

A Journey of Memories said...

You could play Farkle. We played it the other night on Ladies Night Out. It was pretty fun but does involve some math. LOL...we know how we are with math. :) But perhaps someone else that will be there can keep score. I thought it was going to be hard but after a few rounds found it very easy and doesn't consume much of your attention...plenty of time to continue chatting. :) That or Yahtzee.

Too bad dad has to take medicine...but tell him it is for the greater good. :) We love and miss you guys.

Sarah.