Friday, September 11, 2009

WORK, COMPUTERS, WD-40 AND ICY HOT

Here we are at another Friday evening. I am truly beat today. This has been a long week to be such a short work week. We were closed Monday for Labor Day, so I like most everyone else had a three day weekend. I don't know if I try to shove too much into the time I'm off or if I'm just getting old. I'm sure my kids would agree that it is the latter. I just hope I'm around when they get to be my age so I can see how spry they are. Of course if I'm around when my youngest is my age now, I will be 98 years old. As my father-in-law use to say, "The closer it gets, the younger it looks". Oh well I'm still beat after this work week.

We have this new system at work that we are trying to learn. I, as you know am not a computer whiz, so all these changes come really hard for me. It took me quite awhile to get comfortable with the old system, but after I did, all the ordering and inventory and keeping up with everything became second nature. Today I had to put my order in twice because somewhere in the process I lost the first one. I guess it floating somewhere in cyberspace.

Denise, Suzanne and myself have hunted and pecked to figure out what we are supposed to do. The guys at the other unit were more lost than we were, so we have to pretend that we know more than we do. I guess this is the ideal "Fake it til you make it" situation.

I guess John and I will go to an auction tomorrow. The last couple we have gone to were very unimpressive. We need to find an auction with some really good stuff. Some really inexpensive good stuff:). Sarah bought us a plaque that reads, "We buy junk and sell antiques". You know, this is not an untrue statement. People get rid of things that other people are willing to pay for. We are kind of like the middle man. We try to find the things that people are getting rid of and place these things with people who don't have the time or the inclination to go out and find them for themselves and we have fun doing this.
I guess that makes everyone happy.

Now back to the fact that I'm beat. I have had to do a lot of lifting at work this week and my frozen shoulder that has not completely healed has really bothered me for the last few days. My question is, "Has anyone every used WD-40 on hurting joints"?http://www.wd40.com/ I know that my dad used it for awhile when he had something wrong with his back, but I can't remember if he said it worked or not. Well I had John rub some on by shoulder a little while ago. I guess I'll see for myself if it does any good. I just hope I don't get asphyxiated from the fumes during the night. I'll let you know if it is the miracle cure I'm looking for. If it is I will head to the patent office.

By the way that is one of my biggest regrets. I used Icy Hot for years to cure a sick headache. (migraine) I told everyone I knew, that said they had a headache, to rub a little on their temples, forehead and the back of their neck and the headache would go away. Well guess what came on the market awhile back. "Head On".http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeadOn I should have headed to the patent office sooner. As always "I'm a day late and a dollar short". The story of my life.

Everyone have a great week end.

No comments: