Monday, January 12, 2009

EXERCISING OUR WAY TO TOTAL FITNESS







Well since it is the New Year, we couldn't at least start the month of January without making an attempt at getting fit. Believe me this is harder than it looks.
I went to Wal-Mart and bought two hoola hoops. I was remembering how much fun it was when the hoops first came out in the late 50's. My friends and I would spend hours gyrating around the yard with these wonderful new inventions swaying effortless around our waist. We got so good that we could start at the neck and work them down to the ankles and back up again. Well either times have changed or the hoola hoop has.
I have tried for a week to keep it going for just two or three rounds and I simply can not make it happen. One thing for sure is that it really makes your stomach muscles hurt. I guess this is better than nothing, but I sure do hate to admit defeat.
John Pearson and Emily are getting the hang of it, but not MawMaw, so I just went back to the stepper. If I don't fall off and break something I can tell everyone that I am on a streneous work out program.